Roadback, Inc. has a long history of providing unique and dedicated service to the communities of Lawton and Southwestern Oklahoma.
In December 1968, Ina Miller, who had herself discovered a new life through a program of recovery, established Miller Manor Halfway House for men. According to archives, Miller Manor was the second halfway house established in the United States.
The McMahon Foundation provided the financial support needed to purchase the house located at 708 W. Gore Blvd. The house next door was acquired on July 19, 1983, and began operating as a three-quarter house. Miller Manor, Inc., was incorporated on March 12, 1969.
In 1974, the estate of Helen Holliday was established as a foundation for education, vocational, and rehabilitation purposes for young women in the community. The doors of Helen Holliday Home were opened for consumers, on August 5, 1974. It was incorporated on September 9, 1974. Miller Manor and Helen Holliday officially merged and were incorporated February 10, 1989, as Miller Manor/Helen Holliday Home, Inc.
In 1979, Miller Manor and Helen Holliday contracted with the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) to provide halfway house and non-medical detoxification services. Roadback, Inc. is certified by ODMHSAS as a certified Alcohol and Drug Abuse Treatment Program and is licensed by the Department of Human Services (DHS) as a Residential Child Care Facility.
Pathway House, formerly located at 405 SW 15th, was founded in December 1989 for adolescent boys needing halfway house services. The Miller Manor/Helen Holliday Corporation assumed control of Pathway House and changed the corporate name to Roadback, Inc. On July 22, 1991, Roadback, Inc. was officially designated as a not-for-profit corporation.
Leasing of an apartment complex at 1502 SW D Avenue in August 1991 added space for a corporate office and six “sober living” apartments. The three-quarter way program was expanded even further in 1995 with the addition of a house at 1506 SW D Avenue and two houses and a triplex at 2004 and 2006 SW A Avenue.
In August 2001, a newly constructed Pathway House opened at 1202 SW A Avenue, offering services to both male and female adolescents, ages 13-17, wishing to further their recovery.
In 2003, Roadback, Inc. was chosen as one of three agencies statewide to participate in a pilot program of Multi Dimensional Family Therapy. Four families were served by the program, with two families completing. The adolescents in these families passed to the next grade in school and home life was stabilized to the point that the families could be successfully discharged.
In December 2005 Roadback, Inc. became nationally accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), earning a three-year certification
In March 2006, Roadback, Inc. was chosen to participate in training for Motivational Enhancement Therapy/Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for Adolescent Cannabis Users in Albuquerque, NM.
In January 2007, Roadback, Inc. was awarded temporary certification by the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services (ODMHSAS) to provide residential treatment services for the adult female population. Since Pathway House is no longer being used for adolescents, the Board of Directors approved converting the facility at 1202 SW A Avenue to Residential Adult Female Treatment Services. Given that at any time there are 200+ women waiting for access to residential treatment across Oklahoma, Roadback, Inc. is very excited to be able to provide this much-needed service. The facility opened on March 23, 2007.
In 2008, Roadback Inc. opened outpatient substance abuse counseling services through contracts with the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services and the Oklahoma Department of Corrections. The services provided included outpatient assessment and counseling. A DUI School offeres ADSAC approved assessments, ADSAC approved classes (both 10 hour and 24 hour), Victim Impact Panels, and group sessions.